Monday, February 18, 2013

For the pipeline project i have decided that a short stop motion animation would be interesting. The figures will be paper, much like the first Southpark episodes and the main character will be a cat. this cat just simply walks in a constant walk sequence while interesting and weird whines pass by. some of the objects could interact with the cat causing spastic movements. as far as theme, i feel like  black and white would be quite pleasant. the key point to the film will be the sound. i would like to have ambient droning sounds throughout the short.

here is a list of key jobs for the project that would be necessary with fitting possible people to fill the job. the people are chosen simply by past projects.

Animators- Matt S, Tim
storyboard artist- Matt W, Alan
background artist- Jamie
director- me
production manager- cody
head of art- Richard
sound- Kyle
editors- Ben, Molly
character design- Lauren
fabricators- ?????


7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of paper cut outs and black and white, even the emphasis on sound, I'm just not sure how you want to work droning sounds in, or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but I think you have a strong concept. I would add more images of inspiration to your blog so people really get a strong sense of the direction you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this could become a strong project much like your reference show. I like that there would be sound instead of just background music. But like Sarah added some reference photos would have been great or even a clip of south park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simplicity inherent in this project proposal is well explained and easy to understand. I appreciate the nomination for animator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plan for the project is clear, and I like what you plan to do with the sound. However, I would really like to see the timeline and roles chart play a role in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting idea that is explained well enough to picture it. Although some visuals would be helpful, such as sketches or a clip of an early South Park episode. A flowchart would also be helpful in understanding the hierarchy and organization of the roles. What does the timeline look like? At what points do you imagine different aspects being done? Those being said, this sounds like it could be a fun project and I appreciate the storyboard artist nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a good idea, it would be nice to have some visuals or examples to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this idea and I feel like I can visualize it really well. It would be interesting to brainstorm the storyline more and see that as it develops.

    ReplyDelete